Guide for Squadron TD Units

Discussion in 'Squad TD General Discussion' started by Tallgeese, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Tallgeese

Tallgeese New Member

Ever tried to remember the stats of units out of game, or trying to fine tune a build? Well, I have created this handy guide to help out! Simply click the link below to view the file, or download to your computer.

I hope this is something useful to the community. Please leave me suggestions about how to improve the guide further, such as ideas for a different background, or additions to add.

This guide should fit perfectly on an ipad also, incase anyone has one of them handy.

Enjoy! :cool:

Edit: All Units Updated To Ver 1.33, working on getting energy cost for abilities, check back for more!

Edit 2: Added enemy unit guide! Check it out.

Mechanical Units v1.33
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/jMx6Uox3_6h07Pu3Bj5aqA?feat=directlink

Nature Units v1.33
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/-qZFgh1z-9puHnv66WAqng?feat=directlink

Shadow Units v1.33
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/a7ET0lVdVVptxYchlb9q2w?feat=directlink

Beast Units v1.33
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/HukcnGtURWXW_WpchKeGYg?feat=directlink

Elemental Units v1.33
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/1uSEHsG17LCwQGsOEQW9ng?feat=directlink

Ghost Units v1.33
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/hkHGy_kA0seK46dlX4tJAw?feat=directlink

Enemy Units v1.33
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/T1X5EWM7MkGB0UyVdIND_g?feat=directlink

4 people like this.
  2. Manethereon

Manethereon Member

Wonderful! I had to play a few games last night, to write down numbers to help me figure out some balance things with my new race I'm making.

Another idea to put is how many minerals people naturally have at the end of each round (If able to kill all wave units, with minimal income, and vice versa.)

This might help people figure out what's the appropriate cost of units for their races.

3. Manethereon

Manethereon Member

Also, can I have you do me a favor, if you'd be willing?
    With my new race, trying to compare it side by side with a ghost and elemental race would be extremely helpful. If you could do a three way comparison of the towers I have up already with their counterparts I would greatly appreciate it.
    If not, that's fine too, I'll figure it out one way or another =)

4. Tallgeese

Tallgeese New Member

Hmmm, gah, why am I such a nice guy? :confused:

Fine, fine, lol.

Make ya a deal, if you fill out this excel document with your class info, I can just plug it into my guide image and you will be set ;)

5. Manethereon

Manethereon Member

Alright, thanks. =)

6. Tallgeese

Tallgeese New Member

added elemental guide, check op

7. PsychoticSurge

PsychoticSurge New Member

What you didn't add was the defence against damage type and what damage type a unit does. This is important if someone spams all wanderers. they are pierce vs armored

8. Tallgeese

Tallgeese New Member

I was going to do that but ran out of room. I need to redo the guide anyways as he has changed a lot these last few updates. I am also trying to find a way to let ppl input their own information into a form so they could use it for custom classes. Anyone know of a good form making system im game to do it

9. PsychoticSurge

I was wondering what program you used to make the form

10. Tallgeese

Tallgeese New Member

actually, photoshop. Some images, a few text boxes, and a LOT of layering, lol.

Im looking for a better method though, not everyone has photoshop, and my psd file is far from user friendly.

11. PsychoticSurge

i used photoshop, word, snapshots, takes too long. btw hero has another upgrade, they balancing the game more

12. Tallgeese

Tallgeese New Member

Yeah, I saw that a few hours ago, cyogen or something like that? Pretty beast unit.

As for the program, I have yet to find a new one that will do what i want it to, but I know one is out there.

13. PsychoticSurge

Cheveryo 380, thats godly. For a very popular game no one is ever in the channel.
    Btw Sandrocks rocks the block and knocks your socks off. Gotta luv Quatre

14. Tallgeese

Tallgeese New Member

Whaaa, no no no, Quatre was such a little girl! Zechs was so much more awesome. He was like Char lite, all the awesomeness without half the ego!

Lol, but yeah, I got the day off tomorrow, (3/30) so i will be looking for ideas for a revised guide. Anywho, bed for me.

15. karallys

karallys New Member

IMO I think it wouldn't have been complete without Duo and Deathscythe...but what do I know ;)

16. Tallgeese

Tallgeese New Member

I will agree with that karallys!

17. PsychoticSurge

I wanted to make a gundam one, but i thought that would be silly in td

18. Tallgeese

Tallgeese New Member

Ya know, I was just thinking how a mech based class would rock on here. My thoughts they would have a good deal of ranged, slow attacks, but the attacks would be more powerful

19. PsychoticSurge

Not like that. Unless we pure make them like 1 unit is all tank, 1 unit is all range blah blah, it be like make tier 1 unit WingGundamZero and saying its weaker than Tier 6 unit Gundam 0

20. Tallgeese

Tallgeese New Member

Hmmm, can we make custom units in SC2, I think making custom units for squadron would be amazing